Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tequila Is the New Tequila

So, Tequila Angel.  It was first published in 2009 but had been up on FictionPress before that, and readers seemed to either love it or loathe it.  I loved it, but you know I'm biased.  It was a little bit of an experiment, originally written in second person over the long boring hours when there was nothing to do at my then-job.  The style was heavily influenced by all the Sin City graphic novels I was reading at the time.  If, of course, the Sin City series had featured gay rock stars having sex instead of thugs and dames with guns.  So, yes, it's overblown.  But I still love it, possibly because the main character Dave is my truest alter ego thus far.  I love Dave.  He's a dick.  But naturally that's because he's so misunderstood and vulnerable deep down inside.  Right???

In any case, I want to make Tequila Angel available across all platforms, but have to wait for its current enrollment period in KDP Select to expire.  So of course I thought, why not use up the last of the freebie days in the meantime?  Who doesn't love free?  I love free.  I have a gazillion free books from BEA, RT, and RWA, not to mention free kindle books, that I'm still trying to slog through from 2014.  So yes.  By all means, let's do THE FREE THING.

Have you any desire to do so, you can snag a free copy of the short story over here on Amazon, from today through Sunday, February 8th.  And if you are lamenting because you have no kindle/kindle app, fear not, I shall imminently announce availability on Nook and other platforms.

This is the incorrigible and ever hopeful L.F. Blake, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment